Ways to lower Radon levels in your home prior to having mitigation.
How does Radon enter my house???
Radon enters your house through several different ways:
- Cracks in solid floors.
- Construction Joints.
- Cracks in walls.
- Gaps in suspended floors.
- Gaps around service pipes.
- Cavities inside of the wall.
- The water supply.
- Open sump pit.
How can I stop it!!!
There are few things that you can do as a homeowner to help keep radon out:
- Seal any accessible cracks, gaps, or cavities.
- Install a radon specific sump cover.
- Lay heavy duty polyethylene sheets over the soil (usually in crawlspaces) and seal the edges together and to the foundation to hinder gas transfer.